I coach clients in topics related to all aspects of homeschool including working from home while homeschooling.
Common topics include:
- issues regarding instruction – “how tos”
- curriculum – what’s best for your child
- special needs, including gifted and 2e
- learning styles
- struggling learners
- how to follow your child’s lead
- high school credits
- how to manage working from home while homeschooling
- how to find a work-at-home job
- how to fit it all in when you work from home
- when/who to ask for help when you need it
- how to find community resources to support you and your students
Coaching fees are $49 for one half hour session
To set up a coaching appointment, please use the “book now” button and the PayPal button below. Please send me an email detailing what you’d like to discuss no later than three days before your appointment.
I offer portfolio evaluation services for all grade levels. Please see our FAQ section below to find out what I look for when reviewing portfolios.
The fee is $45 for the first child, $30 for the second child, and $25 for the third. If you have 3 or more children, the large-family discounted price is $100.
To schedule your appointment, use the “book now” button below to choose the best day and time for you. Then make your payment by using the PayPal button. Please be sure to send your samples no more than 3 days before your appointment time.
Clients Outside of Florida
If you are a client in any state outside of Florida, please email me to schedule your first appointment. I have clients in several other states, and the requierments vary, so please contact me by email first before using my appointment scheduler.
Portfolio Evaluation FAQs
How Do Portfolio Evaluations Work?
If this is your first time having your student’s portfolio evaluated, you might be a little nervous. This is to be expected. After all, we homeschooling parents put our hearts and souls into our children’s education! Not to worry. A portfolio evaluation with me is casual and informative. You will come away feeling encouraged and empowered. Oh, and please bring along any questions you may have for me, general or specific.
Q. What is required for a portfolio review?
- I must look at portfolio of your student’s work, your log of academic activities, and have a conversation with your student in order to satisfy the requirements of a portfolio review.
Q. What is a “log of academic activities”?
- This means your homeschool plans, which can take many forms. Some people use a traditional plan book. Others simply make a list of broad concepts covered during the year. Still others list extracurricular activities that their children took part in and describe how each of these taught academic concepts. It is really up to you.I’ve seen unschoolers keep a portfolio of pictures of projects and places they’ve been which relate to the academic concepts they’ve studied that year.
I’ve seen other families keep very detailed logs of everything their children did each day.
Both (and everything in between) are acceptable. The thing to know is that you must keep these with your children’s work samples to make the portfolio complete.
Q.How much work do I have to show you?
- I encourage you to organize your student’s work for your own sake, and then choose various samples from each subject area to send me. Choose samples from the beginning, middle and end of the year.I highly recommend that you have your student assist with the choice of work to send me, or if you student is old enough, have them put together the portfolio themselves. This helps your student take ownership of his/her learning and becomes a yearly “rite of passage”.
It is not required by Florida law, however, I love to see pictures too! You might send pictures of:
- any fun projects or experiments
- field trips
- family vacations
- art work
- anything else your student would like me to see
I love to put a name (and voice) to a face!
Q. What will the phone portion be like?
- After you schedule your appointment, please go ahead and send me the samples. I will review these and call you at your chosen appointment time for our chat. The chat is casual and fun, so please tell your student not to worry. I don’t drill your students for information about what they’ve learned during the year, instead, I can look at it, because I have the portfolio in front of me! You can read more about my philosophy here.
Q. I have a special needs student. I am not sure how much work I can show. I also don’t know how well they will communicate with you via phone.
- I have evaluated dozens of special needs students over the years. Just as the curriculum is modified for your student, we also understand that the evaluation may look a little different from that of another student. What we have to note as evaluators is “progress commensurate to his/her ability.” We understand that your special needs students portfolio may look different from that of another student. As far as the conversation goes; always remember that this is a time for us to have a casual chat and a time for you, as the parent to ask questions. Some students communicate more than others. This is expected.
Q. How can I schedule my appointment?
- Simply use my appointment scheduler and choose the best day and time for you below. You can make your payment by using the PayPal button above.
I’d love to speak at your next event!
Let my experience inspire and help you.
Some of my qualifications include…
- I’ve been an educator for over 20 years – elementary, middle and high Language Arts and English and college basic education
- I’m a homeschooling mom to two teens
- I’ve been a homeschool coach and evaluator for more than a decade
- I’ve been a working homeschooler for a decade
My specialties are…
- Teaching Reading/Writing for all ages
- Holistic Learning
- Meeting Your Children Where They Are
- Choosing curriculum Based on Learning Styles
- Encouragement for Working, Homeschooling Moms
What I Bring…
Practical ideas that you can implement TODAY
Encouragement. Stories of how I know that YOU CAN DO THIS!
Stories from my experiences that will help you know that your KIDS WILL BE FINE
2018 Homeschool Moms Conference – May 2018
2018 Digital Homeschool Conference – July 2018
Catholic Moms Homeschool Conference – Date TBD