Attending a Homeschool Conference Can Help Avoid Burnout
Let’s face it. We all go through periods of homeschool burnout. Not because we don’t love our children or because we don’t enjoy teaching our own, but because without an opportunity to recharge ourselves, homeschool can be hard, exhausting, and mentally taxing. Attending a conference can lift us up emotionally and spiritually. Coming together with like-minded travelers refreshes us in ways that other things can’t.
Attending a Homeschool Conference Can Inspire Us
I have been a speaker at several homeschool conferences, and not only do I hear comments like, “I hadn’t thought of that before!” and “Thank you for opening my eyes to a new way,” I, too, come away with new and fresh ways of looking at things. Bouncing ideas off of one another, and listening to how others do it is never anything but inspiring.
Attending a Homeschool Conference Can Teach Your Kids to Take Ownership of Their Learning
One of the best things I ever did was take my children to a homeschool conference when they were young. They sat in a few sessions with me, saw the camaraderie among the families, and made new friends. My children were able were able to browse the unbelievable amounts of curriculum choices at the vendor hall. Not only that, but they were able to make choices about what they wanted to learn. If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know that I am a HUGE proponent of natural learning. Allowing your children to choose their own curriculum is natural learning at its finest.
Attending a Homeschool Conference Can Help Us Build Community
Attending a homeschool conference (either online or in a conference center) can help us to “find our people.” I have made so many new friends simply from attending conferences over the years. We all know that community is super important to helping us stay grounded in our focus and in helping us when we feel that homeschool burnout creep in. Homeschool conferences are the perfect place for us to meet like-minded people!
Attending a Homeschool Conference Can Make Us Better Teachers of Our Own
While I love our local FPEA conference, personally, I prefer an online homeschool conference. There are many benefits to online conferences including:
- lifetime access to sessions (no need to frantically take notes so you don’t miss anything!)
- convenience (watch after the kids are in bed!)
- internalize content (watch over and over again until you internalize it)
- interact with the speakers and attendees (leave comments in the comments area so that you can dialogue with the speakers and other attendees)
- social media fun (prizes and giveaways)
- digital swag bags (USEFUL freebies and less “stuff” to bring home to add to your pile)
- access to the speakers for a LIFETIME (many people who have attended my sessions over the years have become friends – you never lose access to the speakers after they’ve “gone offstage”.
Here is a Sneak Peek of the 2019 Homeschool Mom Conference which begins soon! EARLY BIRD registration begins Wednesday, April 24th. Take your sneak peek TODAY .
Refresh yourself, grab some inspiration, and I’ll see you at the 2019 Homeschool Mom Conference!